Let Us Call You

Individual Measures You Can Take Against The Coronavirus

The coronavirus disease first emerged in December 2019. This disease, which was first encountered in Wuhan, China, is claimed to have spread from a seafood market where live animals and exotic meat are sold. The novel coronavirus that is thought to be transmitted from an animal appears to have gained human-to-human transmission feature by undergoing mutation. Due to its rapid spread and easy contamination, it has affected the entire world in a short time.

While coronavirus infection exhibits a mild cold effect in some people, in some cases, it causes very severe, life-threatening complications. COVID-19 is observed to be severe especially in the elderly over 65 years of age, people with chronic diseases, and people with a weak immune system.

Every country tries to protect its citizens against coronavirus epidemic and sustain the healthcare system by taking serious measures within its borders. Many countries have closed their borders and imposed an international travel ban. In order to preven the spread of COVID-19, measures such as curfew and intercity travel ban are taken. Besides the measures taken by governments, individual measures will prevent the spread of this disease.

The most important and simple way to prevent the spread COVID-19 is to isolate those who carry the virus. There is an incubation period of fourteen days after the virus enters the body. During this period, it will show the symptoms of the disease. However, some patients seem to be able to carry this virus without symptoms. It is therefore very important to isolate high-risk groups for protection.

Coronavirus is a mild and asymptomatic disease that can be treated at home in most people. If you think that you are exposed to this disease and have symptoms, you must first isolate yourself and stop contact with other people to prevent its spread.

COVID-19 symptoms include elevated fever (above 37.8° C), dry cough, joint pain and headache, fatigue-malaise, sore throat, loss of taste and smell, shortness of breath and respiratory distress. In the first days of the disease, sometimes runny nose and sneezing can be observed. If you have exposed to coronavirus, symptoms will manifest themselves within two to seven days. The course of the disease depends on your immune system.

You should isolate yourself as soon as you see the symptoms and inform the people you have contacted in a short time. If you are having the coronavirus disease mildly, you do not need medical help. But if you can’t cope with the symptoms, think that your condition has worsened and you have difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help. Considering that you can transmit the virus to others on the road and in the hospital while going to the hospital, you should first call Alo 184 by phone and ask for urgent help. If you need to go to the hospital in any case, you should wear a face mask and maintain social distancing. You should not forget that this disease that you may have mildly and outpatiently is life-threatening for some people.

If you are having the disease at home, you should drink plenty of fluids, such as coping with the flu or cold, and take care to consume fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C. Also, get plenty of rest and get enough sleep.

No medicine or vaccine could have yet been developed against the coronavirus disease. The treatments given are for eliminating and relieving symptoms only. Of the patients, 80% have this disease like a common cold. Only the remaining 20% need treatment in the hospital settings.

If you have not received medical help, you can use drugs such as paracetamol to relieve your fever and pain. You should avoid using especially anti-inflammatory drugs, since they are thought to exacerbate the infection. In order to relieve your sore throat, you can try pastil and herbal teas with lemon.

Considering that hospitals are full-to-capacity with COVID-19 cases, it is important to postpone your other non-emergency treatments and surgeries during this epidemic. By postponing the cosmetic operations you want to have after the epidemic, you can isolate yourself against the virus by not leaving your sheltered home. It is undoubtful that you can get a more successful result from cosmetic operations that you will have in a stress-free environment and time. You can also reduce your risk of exposure to the virus by staying away from the hospital environment with the cosmetic surgeries that you will postpone.

Related Content
What Should Be Expected In Eyelid Aesthetics?
What Should Be Expected In Eyelid Aesthetics?

How Is Social Life Affected After Otoplasty (Prominent Ear) Surgey?
How Is Social Life Affected After Otoplasty (Prominent Ear) Surgey?

What Should Be The Right Timing For Nose Job?
What Should Be The Right Timing For Nose Job?

What is Face and Neck Mesotherapy?
What is Face and Neck Mesotherapy?

Last Update : 19.10.2023